Every few months, I try to post a recent idea from the Distressed Debt Investors Club to give readers and potential applicants a sense of the quality of ideas on the site. With that I give you a recent submission by "shoreboy" on Bowater. Enjoy!
- Newsprint: 3.3mm tons of capacity representing 9% of worldwide capacity and 37% of North American capacity
- Coated papers: 658k tons of capacity representing 15% of North American capacity
- Specialty papers: 1.8mm tons of capacity representing 36% of North American capacity (note: roughly 1/3 of this capacity is supercalendar capacity, which trades like coated, 1/3 trades like uncoated, and 1/3 trades like newsprint)
- Market pulp: 1.1mm tons representing 7% of North American capacity
- Wood products: the company operates 18 sawmills in Canada that produce construction grade lumber sold in North America.