Reorg Research is currently seeking a Distressed Debt Analyst to join our team of experienced, successful and highly motivated individuals at one of New York City’s fastest-growing and most successful start-ups. The analyst will be an industry generalist, covering in- and out-of-court restructurings, distressed and post-reorg situations.
Analysts will work alongside our Distressed Debt Legal Analysts and editorial staff and provide research and analysis directly to our subscribers, which include top hedge funds, investment banks, tradings desks, financial advisors and law firms.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1-2 years of investment banking, advisory or desk analyst experience in the restructuring and/or distressed space. Candidates must possess very strong technical and analytical skills as well as excellent written and oral communication abilities. Experience in European geographies / international credit is a plus.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Produce valuation and waterfall recovery models, research reports and topical intelligence articles for publication and distribution to our subscribers.
- Maintain active dialogue and cultivate relationships with subscribers and industry contacts to supplement coverage efforts, including idea sourcing. Our analyst team talks to many of the top distressed hedge funds on a daily basis.
- Support and collaborate with Legal Analysts and Editorial team to cover topical distressed situations, including court hearings.
Compensation and Perks:
- Competitive compensation package; stock options; full health, dental, and vision benefits.
- Innovative, start-up culture at our amazing office in the Flatiron.
- Opportunity to work alongside a group of incredibly talented, passionate and fun individuals and be on the ground floor of a company poised to revolutionize the industries we serve.