As some of you know Reorg Research has rapidly expanded its coverage of the distressed space over the course of 2013. We have many plans for 2014 and beyond and with that we are looking to add to our growing staff. We are currently looking to add reporters with a specific emphasis on high yield but are also looking for reporters from the distressed and muni space.
Many of our current employees have come from referrals and introductions from the blog readership. Oftentimes analysts and bankers have worked with certain reporters in the past and have recommended them directly to us. If any readers know of talented financial journalists looking to make a move to a fast-growing platform, please let me know (hunter [at] distressed-debt-investing.com).
I've included the job description below. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Reorg Research is looking for an experienced reporter to help cover the high-yield bond market. The role involves breaking news on a variety of issuers in the below investment grade space and stressed. The position will require working with analysts, lawyers, and other reporters regarding important developments in specific companies and involving leading industry professionals.
Reorg Research is a fast-growing news and research platform for professionals and investors specializing in distressed debt, bankruptcy, and the leveraged finance markets. We cover key market transactions and provide data, analysis and commentary on every major bankruptcy and multiple pre-bankruptcy, stressed and distressed situation. Our coverage is regarded in the marketplace as best-in-class and many of the key decision makers in the credit markets have come to rely on our intelligence on a daily basis.
- The reporter will be expected to cover spot news, as well as longer, in-depth pieces on specific scenarios and companies.
- Develop and maintain rapport with key contacts in hedge fund, investment banking and capital markets professionals.
- Identify new trends and developments in high-yield investment.
- Collaborate with financial and legal analysts and other reporters across multiple sectors and geographical areas.
- This position will be require technical knowledge of high-yield bond and syndicated loan markets.
- Proven experience in financial journalism.
- Strong writing ability.
- Proven ability to network.
- Ability to represent the company in public/at industry events.
This is a full-time position based in New York City. Includes competitive compensation and benefits, as well as additional incentive equity options, and professional development programs. Please submit a short explanation of why your background makes you a good fit for this position, along with a resume and recent example of your work to reporterjobs [at] reorg-research.com.