Many investment banks retain a force of desk analysts that assist clients in answering questions on certain investment ideas and recommending trades to the banks clients. The arena for distressed debt in the same. Of course, buy-siders need to be wary that the respective analysts are talking their own book (i.e. the trading desk has a position, while at the same time the analysts are touting the idea). That being said, many of the desk can be a strong resource when ideas are running dry, like the situation I find myself in today.
- Hawaiian Telecom; Hawaiian Telecom Investor Relations
- Claire's Stores; Claire's Stores Investor Relations
- Boston Gen (1st and 2nd lien)
- Lear...as discussed in our Lear Case Study.
- Federal Mogul; Federal Mogul Investor Relations
- Las Vegas Sands; LVS Investor Relations
- Buffets (bank debt and equity); Buffets' Bankruptcy Information