Reorg Research is seeking a Distressed Debt Legal Analyst who is an expert in bankruptcy and/or corporate finance law and has experience in large corporate restructurings. Reorg Research is a growing provider of market-leading analysis and reporting for the distressed debt and restructuring community. Our clients include hedge funds, bankers and legal and financial advisors.
This is an ideal position for a mid-level associate who is seeking to transition to a new career in the distressed debt investing space. The Distressed Debt Legal Analyst will work closely with a small team of in-house experts (from both legal and financial backgrounds) and will be responsible with the rest of the team for producing research, analysis and reporting on distressed debt and bankruptcy law issues.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- JD with a strong academic record.
- An expert understanding of bankruptcy law and 4+ years of bankruptcy law experience involving large chapter 11 cases. We will also consider attorneys with a similar level of experience specializing in corporate or bank finance in the context of large corporate restructurings.
- Experience negotiating out-of-court restructurings.
- Experience analyzing financial covenants and intercreditor provisions.
- A proactive, self-starter work style and able to interact with people from varied professional backgrounds.
- A proven ability to multi-task and work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day monitoring of distressed situations across the industry.
- Reporting on case developments on a short timeframe and in accordance with Reorg Research’s style guide.
- Preparing long-form analysis of legal developments (akin to client alerts at major law firms).
- Monitoring industry publications.
- Teleconferences and meetings with lawyers and investment professionals.
We primarily cover large corporate reorganizations and therefore cannot consider candidates whose experience does not include such cases. The candidate will work out of our New York City offices.
For those interested, please send your resume to recruiting [at] reorg-research [dot] com