One of few things I like about dealers in the investment grade, high yield and distressed debt space, is that each year, around this time, the various desk and publishing analysts from the different investment banks put out lists of buy and sells in the corporate debt space. These events are always well attended and can sometimes provide a fruitful ground for generated distressed debt investment ideas for the new year.
- The exact amount of claim from the pre-petition unsecured bond debt...including accrued interest per tranche.
- Monies owed to affiliates
- Accounts payable
- Accrued expenses
- Environment reserves
- Union obligations
- Worker's comp obligations
- Litigation and other product liabilities
- And other which is a catch-all for everything else (for example: dealer rejection claims).